It's usually this time of the day (at night) when I evaluate my day. I think to myself "how did I do?' Was I mostly pleasant with the kids? Did I do things with the kids? I do feel good about today because I went on an outing with the boys and Sadie. I took Seth and Trey bowling. WooHoo! I left the house messy and walked away from the computer (rental stuff) and loaded the kids in the car for a game of bowling. It was fun. We practically had the whole bowling ally to ourselves. I cheered the boys on and ran around after Sadie (who ran half way down an empty bowling lane. I had to coax her back like a little puppy. Those lanes are slippery and thank goodness she didn't fall) The boys had the bumpers up and used the ramp. Seth bowled the last two frames, tossing the ball with his own two hands. All in all they did great with a tied score of 83. We had a nice time.
I kind of feel like I stopped doing fun outings with the kids when Samantha started 1st grade. So I am trying to change that and get out and do fun things again! Today I succeeded!
1 comment:
Yeah! Good for you!!! That fun time together is SO IMPORTANT! Now that mine are teenagers, I have found that I must have one-on-one time with them, or our relationships suffer, along with everything else! I think I'll adopt your, "how did I do today?" moment of reflection. I just started spending more time with my kids again, too... and I am SO HAPPY ABOUT IT!
WAY TO GO!
Corine :D
Post a Comment