Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Two Moments

Two little moments happened yesterday that made me giggle.

#1 Yesterday we went to the zoo. It was crowded and hot. I got a sunburn on my neck that is a bit painful today. I dressed my children in long sleeved shirts and we all overheated. After a full and busy day we were reviewing the day before bed last night. Things were fine until the elephants came up. Earlier that day we had observed an elephant peeing and pooping and apparently this was troubling to Trey. Last night he kept saying, "elephant pooped", "elephant pooped", "I'm scared". He was beside himself thinking about that elephant pooping. It seemed it was a bit much for his two-year-old eyes to behold. Samantha, Seth and I were consoling him and laughing at the same time. I had to assure him that the elephants were far, far away.

#2 Everyone that lives around here knows that we had a life flight helicopter land in the townhome development next to us yesterday. An accident happened where a guy on a 4-wheeler was pulling another guy around on a skateboard going 40 mph or so and the skateboarder crashed on the concrete. This is the sad part. When I saw life flight land a block over from us I said "kids lets load up and go over there" We watched the paramedics for a while until they loaded the guy into the chopper. There is a park right there so Samantha and Trey were playing over there while I visited with friends. Then all of a sudden two policemen started clearing the park. I was a little ways away. By this time the chopper was loaded, loud and ready to leave. I noticed the park was cleared except for Samantha and Trey. I started to walk over to them just as the chopper began to lift off. It was extremely windy even blowing over a stroller. I met up with Samantha and she said "I almost got blowed away"

2 comments:

Leo said...

You're kids are just so cute. That's funny that Trey remembered that Elephant. He was very concerned about it! :) Thanks for meeting me at the zoo yesterday. That was so much fun. Nora kept talking about the bears and she kept saying Trey, when I asked her who was there.

Melissa said...

Your kids are so cute! I laughed out loud when I read how tramatized Trey was! It was fun seeing you guys!