I grew up in Seattle. This was my play car/jeep that I played in for hours. One of the things I loved to pretend was that I was driving kids home after a birthday party. I would pretend to make 7 or so stops and pretend each kid got out of the car. I always had a purse and a ring of keys. My mom would go to the locksmith and ask for any miscut keys so that my sis and I would have play keys. Did I mention that my mom was anti-TV so I got to pretend alot.

This is a picture of my dad unloading a gigantic spool-type thing, take a look at his shoes. And I'm standing there posing with the lovely pinkish and gray shag coat on looking alot like my darling daughter Samantha.
I get my love for taking pictures from my mom. She has done a great job of capturing our life on film. My dad on the other hand hates taking pictures. He still fumes over any moment a picture has to be taken. The reason I have all these old pictures so readily available is because for my mom's 60th birthday (last Sept), my sis Sariah, had all of our family slides converted to digital format and so I have a folder on our computer with alot of my childhood pictures.
OK end of random post.
4 comments:
I love these old pictures! I love looking through my scrapbook at my moms house!
Speaking of which, I think your camera is at my moms house, so call me tomorrow and remind me to call her and ask!
First of all, everything about your dad in this pic is classic.
And how cool that you have all your old photos on your computer. I would love that!
I love that you have old pictures. I would love to have some old pictures of that Impala. I'm sure mom's got some somewhere. One of these days you need to bring your kids over so they can pretend in the Gremlin!! hehe
That picture is fabulous! Love your dad's pants & shoes! It's fun to see how much Samantha looks like you!
Post a Comment