Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hamsters and Stuff

This is going to be a crazy jumbled post, kind of like my last one. Many things rolled into one. This post will also feature the most recent pictures from my camera :)

Don't ask me why but we are breeding hamsters. There really isn't a reason other then we now have a boy hamster and a girl hamster. And because if I put myself in my 6 year olds shoes, I am very excited for baby hamsters. In a round about way it teaches the beauty of the birds and bees to the kiddies without coming right out and explaining things in details. That will come a little later on.

For Christmas Samantha got two girl hamsters and her cousin got two boy hamsters (we found them on KSL for free). We have exchanged one girl for one boy to see what happens. We'll know in about 16 days if babies arrive. That is total gestation for dwarf hamsters. wow! In the picture below the boy (junior) and the girl (crystal) are getting acquainted. We let them run around in the same cage for a while then we put the girl back in her cage. If you see in the picture Crystal, the grayish black hamster, is on the wheel running like crazy to get away from Junior. As you can see Junior is patiently waiting for her to come to her senses.

Sadie's wild hair is taking up half of the picture.


My Darlings!

This is what I am eating nowadays. (embrace the beans people) Eating right takes more prep but it is worth it. I am getting serious about eating right not necessarily to lose weight (although I have 15 I need to drop) but more for good old wholesome health.


Today it was almost 50 degrees and that means, to the kids, picnic on the porch. Samantha came home from school and was coordinating a picnic right away.

Samantha is really into jump roping right now. She loves it and since I found this jump rope in the garage she has been jumping inside, outside, whenever and wherever. This morning right before she was leaving for school she had Tom and I turning the rope for her.


And finally my new lamp. This is officially my first purchase from a yard sale in 2011. Yes there were two yard sales last Saturday and I was at one of them. I found this lamp for $2 and it's perfect next to my computer. At night I can have it on instead of the bright 5-bulb ceiling light. It's all in a effort to conserve energy. Look at me going green. wink, wink. (Not really)

1 comment:

Corine Moore said...

No way! $2.00! :O That is awesome! Good for you.

Good luck with the hamsters. :)