My energy level goes in waves. Some days I just lounge the day away. I
bearly get the apartment
straightened up let alone my teeth brushed. Then there are days like this. We drove 2 1/2 hours to
Clarkston, Utah (In Cache Valley) to go raspberry picking. Tom was very fond of this idea. I blame it on my mom who would take all 7 of us kids strawberry picking when we were younger. (Thanks
Sariah for telling me about this place) Raspberries were $2 per pound. We picked 11 lbs. Tons of raspberry bushes. You almost feel like you are standing in bee hives because there is a constant hum of bees. Hundreds of honey bees are buzzing around the bushes as you pick. After explaining to the children that the bees are doing their job of collecting
nectar and if you don't bother them they won't bother you, the kids went to town picking berries.



This picture sums it up. Yummy,
luscious raspberries. All you wanted to do is eat them.

I froze all the raspberries. Tom has had vanilla ice cream and raspberries every night since we went. We will use them in smoothies and whatever else. Sariah told me it I want to make jam I can pull them out of the freezer and make jam. We will see.
1 comment:
Those look SO GOOD!! I love raspberries! Let me know when you go picking again next year! What a fun experience for the kids!
Post a Comment