Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fishing at the State Fair

I really wanted to go to the State Fair this year. We have missed it the past 3 years. Last Thursday evening was open so I begged Tom to go. He agreed to go. Yippeee!
I knew the kids would love the animals. But the highlight of our evening was this little catch and release fishing pond. We had to listen to a little presentation about fishing safety then each child redeemed their pretend fishing license for a fishing pole. This is really the way to fish. Within 20 minutes each of our kids had caught a fish. The men dressed in brown were very helpful by putting worms on the hooks, and unhooking the fish and releasing them. They did all the messy work. Like I said my way to fish.
Trey was the third one to get a fish. He caught the BIGGEST one but I didn't get a picture. Not sure why? Seth got to hold the fish and release it back into the pond.

Seth's catch. Look at Samantha squealing with delight.

Samantha's catch. She caught the baby.

Smile.

A big wrecking ball spider.

We did the fair for only $12, just admission. We just couldn't do the $5 per ride price. We ate little ceasars 5 buck pizza on the way there and got artic circle shakes for the way home. We need to start saving for those ride wrist bands for next year~

No comments: