Thursday, February 26, 2009

Planes, No Kids and a Wedding

So we ventured off to the east coast without our children for my brother Marcus' and darling new sis-in-law Chelsea's wedding....I'm still suffering from jet lag. I thought I could be a big girl about it and leave our kids but I found out I'm a whimp. I had a couple bouts with separation anxiety but overall it was a grand trip and the following pictures capture just a few moments. As I look at the pictures I realized that I didn't take pictures of key ingredients of our trip. For example our wonderful rental mini van, the navigation GPS system that was key to getting around the east coast, the beautiful Delaware countryside and the mansion we stayed in thanks to Marcus' branch president. All these things I didn't capture on film. But I did get Tom eating a juicy, meaty burger and some other sights and family of course! Yeah and the picture of the Statue of Liberty, that is as close as we got.

Quick Time Line
Wed 18th flew to Philadelphia. As soon as we arrived I was ready to hop on the next flight back to Utah. But I stuck it out and we drove to New York City arrived at 3 am. We checked into our hotel room in the heart of the city. We traveled with Dan/Kyla and Sariah/Neum. The six of us made a great traveling team.

Thurs 19th up and out the door to New York City. It was spectacular. Rode the subway, saw the sights and ate! Left New York that evening and drove to Delaware. We met up with the rest of my family. We checked into the branch presidents mansion. Slept. We didn't really plan sleep into the schedule, meaning we didn't get much of it.

Fri 20th hung out, girls went to Philly to shop and guys went to a shooting range where Tom showed the guys the proper way to shoot a clay pigeon. Tom rules! A bunch of Marcus' buddies from Seattle came to the wedding so it was so fun catching up with them. Friday night was the reception, the night before the sealing which was different but a good idea. There we met up with Grama Bell, aunts/uncles and cousins. Great reception.

Saturday 21st headed to Wash DC for the sealing. Bright sunny day and the happy couple was off on the honeymoon. The rest of us saw the sights of DC.

Sun 22nd people started having flights home. We went to church and relaxed.

Mon 23rd flew home.





The happy bunch in Times SquareLove this picture of all of us on a street corner in NY


NY Stock Exchange - Wall St


At the reception

Us and the Nation's Capitol



YUMMY






Aunt Becky, Natalie, Shannon and Mom


Oh, so sweet! Linda and the kids made this cheery banner



My BABIES, love them.


The kids having a ball with Grandma! They love her. For several days after getting home I heard all about the great things Grandma did with them.

5 comments:

Kyla Stevens said...

I like your timeline idea! that was a great trip. best traveling group yet.

Your pictures turned out better than mine did! I guess a fancy camera is unnecessary :) You should give these to marcus!

Michelle said...

How much fun! I love all the pictures. I can't wait to hear more about it. I really want to get away, but leaving the kids always makes me nervous, but you give me hope! Your kids look like they did just great. I'm so glad you got to go!

Melissa said...

What a fun trip! Sounds like you got to see a lot! I love the picture of you, Tom, & grandma?? You look so pretty!

Leo said...

What fun. I'm glad that you guys had a great time. I know mom had a ton of fun with your beautiful kids. Seriously, I need to know your secrets to such sweet, fun, good little darlings. I could about eat Trey up. Love you.

Goodmans said...

I'm jealous you got to go to New York. I would love to visit there. Sounds like you guys had a blast!