Hi I'm so scattered when I update this blog. I always start off with how (good) crazy things are or how late it is and I'm still up. But tonight I'm forcing myself to post some stuff. I love posting I just don't find the time too often. It takes at least 45 minutes to update so I always feel like it's such a time commitment to post something. Anyways I have lots of fun stuff to say. First I'm having another baby and it's a girl! She is due in June. Our fifth child and I'm very excited. We all are. I'm so happy to have five kids (almost). That has always been my magic number. Five is just so perfect. Most people would think four kids: 2 boys and 2 girls is perfect but I like odd numbers and I think five is perfect. I was shocked it was a girl when we had the ultrasound. I went in thinking it was going to be a boy. It turned out to be a girl. Wow. A girl feels just right, just how it should be. So I'm packing on my pregnancy weight, I'm sort of trying to be careful but I'm always hungry. My goal was to stay under 200 lbs but I don't know if that is going to happen.
I have put some pictures of our most recent activities below.

For Valentines Seth got this Gazillion bubble maker. It makes huge bubbles and it's been fun.

Trey got this Bumble Bee bubble blower. Fun but not as big of bubbles

Valentines morning. It looks like it is really early but it was only 7:30 am.

I took the kids to feed the ducks on this snowy day last week. We were very popular with the ducks they flocked around us. Seth and Trey had their new snowball throwers Seth bought. This little outing came about because we were taking lunch to Tom at Utah State University and Trey remembered that was close to the duck pond. So we drove back to pick up Seth from Kindergarten, bought some cheap bread and fed the ducks. Seth really wanted to catch a duck. He gave it a valiant effort even though I kept reminding him we don't have a place to keep a duck.

I helped Seth order caterpillars (that turn into butterflies) for his butterfly garden. Sure enough the caterpillars showed up in the mail box. They grew into these awful spikey caterpillars which finally built cocoons and hatched into butterflies. Here is one on his finger.
Shannon and Natalie (my sis and her daughter) drove down from Seattle to deliver Shannon's cats to my dad's house here. It was so fun having them here for a few days. Shannon just graduated from the University of Washington with dual Masters in Public Affairs and Public Administration (I made those up but it's something like that and very impressive)

I got to escort Seth to mom/sons Western Night at the elementary school. We square danced and did a little 'wiggle to the middle' (See my belly, it's bigger now)

Tom and Samantha square danced the night before us. Samantha loves, loves, loves it. We have been counting down to this night for weeks.

Super cute

2012 mean lots of special baptisms. Reese is the first. It was so nice to spend the weekend with Reese and his family for his b-day and baptism.


For about a week straight our kids got into this cup stacking craze. We would time them. They got really good and could stack in 8 secs or so. They were so into it. They loved being timed. Thanks to Yo Gabba Gabba for this.

Samantha's class had a Tall Tales competition. Here are the girls so nicely dressed

These two are cousins just 6 months apart. Look at the height difference. They area cute pair.
I figured it out. I love blogs because it is a very convenient way to peek into someones life and see how they are doing at my leisure. That is why I love blogs. When I have a free minute I can sit down and get a little update of some of my favorite people. So that was a glimpse into our life right now.
4 comments:
Oh Suzanne!! I love when you blog! I wish I were better at it. I need to update, but I always things of the pain it is to upload pictures and get discouraged:)
Your family is ADORABLE. Congrats on baby number 5! Your little Sadie reminds me of my little Corinne (we call her coco). I will have to post soon so you can see the resemblance...funny. Glad to know life is well for you, I think of you often:)
YES!!!!!!!! I am so stoked that you are having another baby! I was wondering?? =+). I am way excited for you. I hope to be right behind you in a year or so.... ! Call me when you get a moment. We so... need to catch up on things! Love you!
Congratulations with the new baby! :D PS. I love peaking in on friends too. :) I just wish more of my friends would blog! It is great seeing you here...
that is so exciting!! we had 5 kids in my family growing up and it WAS a perfect number! it makes my sad that i've never seen sadie in real life! we must see eachother again
Post a Comment