Friday, June 26, 2009

That Wasn't So Bad

I have often said that Tom is the reason (in more ways than one) that I've been able to have 3 children in 3 years and stay somewhat sane. Tom is remarkable at helping out with the children the minute he gets home from work. So having Tom leave for a 4-day High Adventure camping trip with the young men in our ward was a bit of a concern for me. I really love Tom's 5:23 pm home arrival each day from work and I was really going to miss not having that for 4 days in a row. Fortunately it wasn't so bad. We survived. And it went fast!

We did things like Art in the Park with Holly, Everett and Scarlett. The kids made silly hats.



We went to Logan.
We went to Wheeler Farm with cousin Natalie from Seattle.
My sis, Shannon and her daughter Natalie flew in. Natalie stayed and Shannon flew home two days later.
Bummer note: I got a $240 speeding ticket for flying on Legacy Parkway. 80 mph in a 55, not good.
______________
Tom got home on Thursday! He had a blast in Yellowstone, rafting, touring the park, and eating like a king. He planned it that way. He got home and we promptly whisked him off to Cherry Hill water slide park for some family time.
Then today, Friday, the dreaded dentist appointment for Seth. Oh how I feel so bad for my little son, and feel quite lame for letting his teeth get so bad. Seth had alot of work that needed to be done, so much that the dentist office kept referring to it as surgery. Tom took him. I cried watching Seth leave and I cried when he got home. When they got home Seth was still a little out of it, his face swollen and his mouth had traces of blood. Tom assured me that I would not have been able to handled taking him. Watching Seth go out and everything. Now that it's been almost three hours he's doing better. He's eaten peaches and applesauce. I vow to brush my childrens' teeth better.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You are such a trooper. Steve is on a scout campout right now and I feel crazy with 2 kids. No, it isn't that bad, but it isn't really fun. It looks like you have stayed busy doing fun stuff. I haven't forgotten that we need to get together soon. Things have been kind of crazy, hopefully they will calm down. Poor seth at the dentist. I need to take George again. I've only took him once and it wasn't too bad, but never a great experience. Talk to you soon.

Melissa said...

It is so hard being on your own for a few days! Sounds like you handled it well and Tom had a great time. What a fun week filled with great activities!

Poor Seth! I hope the dentist experience wasn't too bad for him!

Britton and Aubrey said...

Hey Suzanne! I found your blog from Jami's blog! I love to hear about your cute little family!